Jun 16, 2017
455 - Swangry!
- a Guzla (Gusle) is
like a lute. Listen here.
- "How was it that Dionysius the Tyrant became a
REALLY it was Denys the Younger who was (a tyrant and) expelled
from Syracuse in 343BC
OR even MORE REALLY it was Dionysius the Younger or Dionysius II
But Maier wrote a legend about Dionysius II in his book
Atalanta Fugiens (1617), where he was shipwrecked at
Corinth and—although he lived poorly—he became a teacher. (Um...
Yeah...that's supposed to mean poor-but-happy-because-teaching, I
- Pythoness is a female soothsayer or prophetess
- Proverbs 19:17–`He who giveth to the poor lendeth to the
New International Bible: 17 Whoever is kind to the poor
lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have
King James: 17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth
unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him
- Kiosk - A small open gazebo or pavilion. - in BUSS Translation
- To muffle oars - bandage the parts that fit into the
- Calumny - n. The utterance of maliciously false statements;
James Comey and the Predator in Chief NYT Article
Sing up for the (infrequent) Email/newsletter list
Get the most recent email here (though it won't have your name on
Ways to subscribe to CraftLit: your weekly annotated audiobook
- Click here to subscribe via
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Or subscribe through the app (see below)
| FEEDBACK |
You can ask your questions, make comments, and let us know what
you do when you listen to CraftLit! Let your voice be heard.
Want a button?
grab the code below \/